Looking for a freelance writer, freelance editor, or creative strategist? Email me!
I have degrees in both writing and art, and I can provide expert writing, editing, marketing, and creative direction for projects across a range of industries, including higher education, commercial real estate, art + design, e-commerce + retail, and more. I have several years of university-level teaching experience. I also have mad organizational skills, am resourceful and quick on my feet, and there’s nothing I love more than a challenge.
I currently work full time as the Communications Strategist for the Sam Fox School of Design & Visual Arts at Washington University in St. Louis, where I handle creative concepting and project development for print and digital projects, all manner of writing and editing, social media, recruitment email campaigns, advertising, and other promotional materials in a fast-paced environment. See examples of my latest work in my Portfolio below.
- Expert copywriting + editing
- Creative direction + concepting
- Marketing + branding
- Digital content development + management
- Video scripts
- Project management
- Social media management
- Long- + short-form writing: newsletters, product naming, blogs, essays + reviews, greeting cards, and other copy wonders
Proficiencies: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Drupal/WordPress/Economy, plus HTML + markdown, photography, basic video editing, and mad organization skills
I have worked on projects for Build-A-Bear, Soft Surroundings, Brown Shoe, Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis, Rockefeller Group, CPI Corp., StoryTrack, Continental Research Corp., A.G. Edwards, Corporate Express, Island Press, Washington University in St. Louis, and others, as well as independent artists, scholars, and motivational speakers.
Sam Fox School website: Copywriting + Page-Building
The new Sam Fox School website launches this very week! Here are a few pages I built and created content for. Warning: the restaurant recommendations on the STL page may make you need to eat food.
MFA in Visual Art program publication, Otherwise: Concepting, Copywriting, and Creative Direction
Includes a studio mixtape, faculty trading cards (collect them all!), and a personality quiz…what does your favorite tool, material, or process say about you???
MFA in Illustration & Visual Culture program publication, The Graphic Vindicator: Concepting, Copywriting, and Creative Direction (also, puzzles!)
Includes an illustration-themed crossword, two drawing activities, a cheeky Q&A, and other nerdcetera.
StoryTrack: Promotional video for Cranbury Station Park, a speculative industrial property: Scriptwriting
The Sam Fox School Instagram Account: Social media wizardry for non-profits (with serious adventures in cut-paper illustration)
Check out the “Sam Fox Fox” Insta story campaign I created for the Sam Fox School, and follow Sam on all his art- and design-filled adventures in STL.
- Read a a gallery guide, interview, and press release I worked on for the Contemporary Art Museum St. Louis
- Read an art essay I wrote for Island Press
- See some print and web ad concepts I developed for CPI Corp.
- See a commercial real estate website I developed content for.
- Read a blog post I wrote for StoryTrack about a B2B Marketing video
- Watch additional promotional videos I wrote for the commercial real estate and healthcare industries for Storytrack. (shhh: password is storytrack)